1950 marks the beginning of Poh Tiong Choon Group of companies. With just a handful of lorries and with the founding fathers literally at the wheels of these vehicles during the early years, the group has grown into one of the leading integrated logistics specialists in Singapore.
In the intervening years between 1950 and 1999, the owner-operator transport company grew from strength to strength expanding into bulk cargo handling and heavy haulage services, later relocating to bigger premises at Pandan Road. The company was awarded the enterprise 50 award in 1997 and 1998. By 1999, the Company was an ISO 9000 certified logistics services provider and with revenue of $43 million, it was listed successfully as Poh Tiong Choon Logistics Limited (PTCL) on the Main Board of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX MainBoard).